Library Juice is the group blog founded by Rory Litwin. Until 2011 it was Litwin’s solo project, continuing where his online serial of the same name left off in the Fall of 2005. From 1998 to late 2005, Library Juice, the web and email zine, covered topics of interest to passionate librarians, from a political Left perspective that is linked to, and implicit in, the fundamental values of the profession in its modern form. Among the topics covered in Library Juice are:
- Information as a public good (and attendant political struggles)
- Government and corporate secrecy and disinformation
- Intellectual freedom and civil liberties
- The public sphere and its decline
- International solidarity in information issues
- Print culture, web culture, visual culture, and the meaning of literacy
- The state of the library profession (issues of identity, work life, and deprofessionalization)
- Information policy
- The information society
- Information ethics
- Social infrastructures
We moderate comments.
Biographical information about the team is here.