Library Juice Press
Library Juice Press is an imprint of Litwin Books, LLC specializing in theoretical and practical issues in librarianship from a critical perspective, for an audience of professional librarians and students of library science. We publish investigations into topics like library philosophy, information policy, library activism, and in general anything that can be placed under the rubric of "critical studies in librarianship."
Library Juice Press also hosts the Alternatives in Print directory of publishers and periodicals.
Our recent publication, The Library Juice Press Handbook of Intellectual Freedom: Concepts, Cases, and Theories, is the winner of the 2016 Eli M. Oboler Award.
- Class and Librarianship: Essays at the Intersection of Information, Labor and Capital, edited by Erik Estep and Nathaniel Enright
- Critical Information Literacy: Foundations, Inspiration, and Ideas, by Annie Downey
- Progressive Community Action: Critical Theory and Social Justice in Library and Information Science, edited by Bharat Mehra and Kevin Rioux
- Where are all the Librarians of Color? The Experiences of People of Color in Academia, edited by Rebecca Hankins and Miguel Juárez
- The Psychology of Librarianship, edited by H. Stephen Wright, Lynn Gullickson Spencer, and Leanne VandeCreek
- The Dialectic of Academic Librarianship: A Critical Approach, by Stephen Bales
- Roots and Flowers: The Life and Work of the Afro-Cuban Librarian Marta Terry González, by Abdul Alkalimat and Kate Williams
- In Solidarity: Academic Librarian Labour Activism and Union Participation in Canada, edited by Jennifer Dekker and Mary Kandiuk
- Critical Journeys: How 14 Librarians Came to Embrace Critical Practice, by Robert Schroeder
- The Library Juice Press Handbook of Intellectual Freedom: Concepts, Cases, and Theories, edited by Mark Alfino and Laura Koltutsky
- Informed Agitation: Library and Information Skills in Social Justice Movements and Beyond, edited by Melissa Morrone
- Focus on Educating for Sustainability: Toolkit for Academic Libraries, edited by Maria Jankowska
- Information Literacy and Social Justice: Radical Professional Praxis, edited by Shana Higgins and Lua Gregory
- Feminist Pedagogy for Library Instruction, by Maria Accardi
From Litwin Books:
- Archival Research and Education: Selected Papers from the 2014 AERI Conference, edited by Richard J. Cox, Alison Langmead, and Eleanor Mattern
- Islands in the Cyberstream: Seeking Havens of Reason in a Programmed Society, by Joseph Weizenbaum
- Learning from the BRICS: Open Access to Scientific Information in Emerging Countries, by Joachim Schöpfel
- Queers Online: LGBT Digital Practices in Libraries, Archives, and Museums, edited by Rachel Wexelbaum
- Let’s Split! A Complete Guide to Separatist Movements and Aspirant Nations, from Abkhazia to Zanzibar, by Christopher F. Roth
- Piracy: Leakages from Modernity, edited by Martin Fredriksson and James Arvanitakis
- The Book Collecting Practices of Black Magazine Editors, by Thomas Weissinger
- Identity Palimpsests: Archiving Ethnicity in the U.S. and Canada, edited by Dominique Daniel and Amalia Levi
- Ephemeral Material: Queering the Archive, by Alana Kumbier
- Life as Activism: June Jordan's Writings from The Progressive, edited by Stacy Russo
- Feminist and Queer Information Studies Reader, edited by Patrick Keilty and Rebecca Dean
- Voltaire's Fanaticism, or Mahomet the Prophet: A New Translation, translated by Hanna Burton
- Import of the Archive: U.S. Colonial Rule of the Philippines and the Making of American Archival History, by Cheryl Beredo
- Make Your Own History: Documenting Feminist and Queer Activism in the 21st Century, edited by Lyz Bly and Kelly Wooten
- Series on Gender and Sexuality in Information Studies, Emily Drabinski, series editor.
- Series on Archives, Archivists, and Society, Richard J. Cox, series editor.
- Series on Critical Race Studies and Multiculturalism in LIS, Rose L. Chou and Annie Pho, series editors.
Auslander & Fox:
- Walt, by Ian Stoba
- Allie and the Monster Who Said Blah Blah Blah, written by Rory Litwin and illustrated by Ginny Maki
- Ethay Ookbay ofway Almspsay andway ethay Ookbay ofway Overbspray, ybay Odgay. (Psalms and Proverbs in Pig Latin)
We are presently accepting manuscripts. See our authors' page for more information.